A Guide Helping Social Brands to Effectively Sell on Pinterest
Pinterest is a powerful image oriented platform which makes it perfect for influencers and social brands. In this blog we will be talking about the tips and methods of establishing business on pinterest, how to target potential buffers and sell your products efficiently.
Sell on Pinterest for Social Brand: Pinterest attracts a lot of traffic to get inspiration for home decor, fashion, recipes, DIYs, and so on. By the end of 2018, Pinterest had more than 250 Million monthly active users. Out of this, 75 million were from the US alone.
Apart from this, there are some more facts that we can swing your mind about this super tech-savvy application –
- A pin is 100 times more spreadable when compared to a tweet.
- With each pin, you can drive up to 2-page visits for your website.
- The life of a pin on Pinterest is one week. This is quite good as compared to other social media platforms.
This shows that there is a power behind using Pinterest, and this can be used to draw more traffic and qualified leads on your website or blog. Pinterest is one of the best social referral tools for attracting traffic.
Table of contents
- Why Use Pinterest For Business?
- Easy Steps to Set Up Business Account in Pinterest
- How to Sell on Pinterest?
- Stop Thinking, Start Pinning!!
Why Use Pinterest For Business?
People join this app to get some good inspirational ideas, including explicitly seeking out ideas about which products to buy. According to a survey conducted by eMarketer, after Facebook, Pinterest is the platform that helps to influence US Social media users purchasing decisions effectively.
Here are some of the facts
- More than two-thirds of the people using Pinterest claim that they have discovered a new product on Pinterest. They have also stopped using magazines and catalogs.
- Almost 93% of users claim that they use Pinterest to plan their purchases.
- 50% of the users have purchased after seeing a promoted pin on Pinterest.
- More than two-thirds of users have claimed that they look for saved pins while making any purchase from brick and mortar stores.
Still, don’t have a Pinterest account? Don’t worry. Here is a complete step – by – step guide to creating a Pinterest Business Account.
Easy Steps to Set Up Business Account in Pinterest
To market your goods through Pinterest, you should set up a Business account rather than Pinterest Personal Account. Business Account offers various features for businesses such as analytics and Pinterest Advertising.
Converting Existing Pinterest Personal Account to Business Account
- Log in to your existing business account and go to ‘Pinterest for Business; section
- You will see a red button to convert your existing account to Pinterest Account.
- Click on ‘Convert your Existing Account,’, and you will be directed to a section where you can modify your current Pinterest account details.
- Select your ‘Business Type’
- Enter additional details like Business Name, about your business, website, etc.
If you don’t have a Pinterest account follow these steps to create one for your business:
- Go to pintrest.com
- Go to the ‘Business’ section and press ‘Create.’
- Fill your email address, password, and business name.
- Select your Business type.
- Click on ‘Create Account.’
- Verify your website
- Start pinning.
After creating an account on Pinterest, the next step you need to do is to attract the audience and start making money on this platform. A good pinner can have an annual income of up to $50,000.
Here is a complete guide on how to sell on Pinterest?
How to Sell on Pinterest?
Know About Your Current and Potential Audience
To maximize sales numbers via Pinterest, the first step should be to Know About your Audience. The users get relevant promoted pins based on the pins they like and save. They also get recommendations based on pins they have followed in the past.
With an ever-increasing number of people joining Pinterest, various new features have been rolled out. One such feature is “Targeted Advertising.” This will help to target your audience more precisely for the marketing of products.
Focus on Your Description
Below each pin, there is a detailed description box which gives a clear picture to the users what the pin is all about. To increase the engagement rate, your pin must have an attractive and informative description. The information should be –
- Helpful – this will make it convenient for the users to spot your pin. According to data published by Pinterest, accessible pins attract 30% more users.
- Detailed – give enough information about your product to the user. This will make sure they visit your website or go through your blog.
- Interesting – draw an exciting description by including sensory-related words and positive statements.
- Actionable – Include call – to – action in the description such as “Click here to find more.” This helps in generating more audience engagement.
Buyable Pins on Pinterest
This is one of the Best Ways to Sell products on Pinterest. These buttons appear on your profile and allow people to purchase the items shown on your Pinterest page instantly. They will buy the product without leaving the Pinterest page.
They are marked with a blue price and an ‘Add To Bag’ button so that people can easily spot them on the app.
To add a buyable pin on Pinterest follow these steps –
- Go to Shopify.
- Click on ‘Pinterest Page’
- Click on the ‘Add’ button.3pin c
This will create a button on your Pinterest page to bring up your sales through this platform.
Use Rich Pins
Rich Pins provides more information about your product and makes you look more professional. Good news, they are free!! Rich pins really pop your presence on Pinterest.
There are four types of Rich pins –
- Product Pins that include real-time pricing and availability.
- Recipe Pins that contain information about ingredients, cooking time, etc.
- App Pins that show an install button to download the app without leaving Pinterest.
- Article Pins shows the description of the author and the story.
You can see a substantial change in your revenues and website traffic once you start using rich pins.
Promoted Pins on Pinterest
This is a paid marketing strategy for Pinterest. You can target specific locations, devices, and demographics to reach out to your customers who are searching for your products or have shown interest in similar products.
These pins run on a cost – per – click (CPC) basis, similar to Facebook advertising campaigns. Marketers need to pay only when a visitor clicks on your pin. You can specify the period for your campaign. During this duration, you can also monitor the campaign.
Promoted pins help to draw attention to a specific pin, which will help you to get exposure to people who don’t follow your account.
Steps to set a Promoted Pin
- Select one of your recent or a pin which connects well with your audience and you want to promote the pin.
- Once you select the pin, hover over it and when it says ‘promote’ click on it.
- You will be directed to a different page for proceeding with the setup of the ad.
- Enter keywords that will help your pin to appear in the search results.
- Refine your audience. You can select specific regions, languages, and so on from a drop-down list.
- Select a maximum cost-per-click bid. This is the amount that you are willing to pay when someone visits your website through these promoted pins.
- Enter the pins destination URL.
- Name your campaign, and you can select the campaign start and end date. You can also set a daily budget for your campaign.
- After making all the budget and audience decisions, agree to the terms of service, set up billing, and then submit.
Pinterest is all about visual marketing. Make your images count on Pinterest. For more attention and audience engagement, you need some attractive images. Think carefully before using any visuals on your website, and accordingly pin the best one out of those.
Pinterest users have a particular preference when it comes to visuals they save on boards. Also since most of the users use Pinterest on mobile phones, you should consider a few things such as –
This is the app where size counts and bigger images are more noticed and appealing on feed. The Pinterest app recommends an aspect ratio of 2:3 for images. Also, opt for images around 600 pixels wide and 400 pixels tall to catch more attention.
Play with Colors
The vibrant color background will get more attention as compared to the one with dull backdrops. Also, using reddish-orange colors will get you more repins as compared to blue and black colors. It was published that images with multiple dominant colors get three times more repins as compared to a single dominant color.
The main focuses should be on the product. Pinners prefer simple product images as compared to images that showcase someone using your product.
Use Good Photography
Make sure you create some beautiful images that are properly edited and pixelated. Pinterest is all about good visual marketing, and your images should count. Make the most of it.
Don’t Neglect the Words
Sure, Pinterest is a visual means to promote your products, but simply posting eye-catching pins alone will not be just enough for creating engagement. You should add a suitable description that is enough to give full information about the product. Make a unique description of various pins. This will help you to get some real engagement.
Increase Audience Engagement
Successfully using Pinterest as your sales strategy is quite lucrative and profitable. However, to make your account successful on Pinterest, you not only need to maximize sales, but you also need good audience engagement. Various tactics can achieve this.
- Pin and post about other related products offered by other brands. This will create a trustworthy position about your company in the minds of people. This will also open up doors for any future partnerships.
- Pin Consistently – Pinterest recommends pinning at least once per day during peak times will get you more audience. Rather than posting a large number of pictures at the same time, divide them up.
- Get Social – You should improve your engagement on Pinterest first. Follow the boards and brands that are relevant to your brand. Make sure you actively engage with other pins that you have followed. This will get you more followers.
Monitor Your Campaigns
After taking all the efforts for posting and content creation, it is essential to monitor your progress. You need a solid plan to maximize the ROI of your Pinterest sales. Also, you will need a workable strategy to analyze all the successful and unsuccessful campaigns.
This will help to develop future strategies for sales maximization. Best social media monitoring tools will aid you in monitoring the efficiency of ad campaigns and will help you to track, plan, and monitor your Pinterest posts.
You can see which posts have maximum impact on the audience. This is an excellent strategy for tracking audience engagement and optimizing ads on Pinterest.
This will guide you through posting the right content at the right time and get more value from Pinterest content.
Access to Pinterest Analytics
Pinterest provides an analytics option that you can use to get a detailed insight of your activity on the app. You can access the analytics tab on the top left corner of the screen.
Stop Thinking, Start Pinning!!
Pinterest is one of the fastest-growing social media platforms, and it will be growing strong in the future. If you are a content creator, this is a great platform to test your image marketing skills.
Also, with all the above tips and tricks, if you are a social brand, you can successfully use Pinterest to sell your products. So prepare yourself for success, get your products marketed in front of a huge Pinterest audience, and watch your business grow manifolds.
So, start your business account now, and who knows you can be a new social media wave.
See-through delicate embroidered organza blue lining luxury acetate-uppercas.