90+ Best Marketing Quotes (And Never Seen Before) To Prove Every Point
The ups and downs of a market are very dynamic, due to which most of the time a marketing team may get demotivated. Here in the blog, we have shared some very interesting marketing quotes that can be used by marketing managers to motivate their teams towards a sterling marketing strategy. Let's dive in.
“Marketing’s job is never done. It’s about perpetual motion. We must continue to innovate every day.” – Beth Comstock, business executive.
Marketing is indeed a continual process of learning and unlearning. If you are a marketer trying to find leads, working hard on creating a unique brand image, selling your company’s product, knowing some of the best marketing quotes would definitely keep you sailing towards your goals.
Here we have compiled some of the best 90+ marketing quotes, that would inspire you and give you insights into the world of marketing. You can use these anywhere: to motivate your team, or to start off a meaningful conversion. You can also use it to sound like a marketing pro among your peers while having an important discussion about marketing trends.
To make quotes easily accessible, we have categorized them so you can pick out the relevant ones from the category of your interest. Let’s start off with some famous marketing quotes and delve into other realms of marketing as we proceed further with the article.
Table of contents
Famous Marketing quotes
It’s always wise to take inspiration from the experienced people. It can be what they said in an interview, or published in an online journal, or authored a book. Their words of wisdom will always act as strength and guide you in times when you are left clueless about your marketing strategy.
Get some clarity on the purpose of your marketing or get some inspiration from the bigwigs of the industry.
- “Marketing is not the art of finding clever ways to dispose of what you make. It is the art of creating genuine customer value.”― Philip Kotler
- “Marketing is about values. It’s a complicated and noisy world, and we’re not going to get a chance to get people to remember much about us. No company is. So we have to be really clear about what we want them to know about us.”- Steve Jobs on why Apple is such a successful brand?
- “If you’re trying to create a company, it’s like baking a cake. You have to have all the ingredients in the right proportion.” — Elon Musk
- “What we need to do is always lean into the future; when the world changes around you and when it changes against you – what used to be a tail wind is now a headwind – you have to lean into that and figure out what to do because complaining isn’t a strategy.” – Jeff Bezos
- “I felt strongly that marketing managers, in order to make better marketing decisions, needed to analyze markets and competition in systems terms, explicating the forces at work and their various interdependencies.”-Philip Kotler, Kotler on Marketing
- “The aim of marketing is to know and understand the customer so well the product or service fits him and sells itself.” ~ Peter F. Drucker
- “Marketing is not anyone’s job. It’s everyone’s job!” ~ Jack Welch
- “It’s not about pop culture, and it’s not about fooling people, and it’s not about convincing people that they want something they don’t. We figure out what we want. And I think we’re pretty good at having the right discipline to think through whether a lot of other people are going to want it, too.”- Steve Jobs Quote
- “Turn Customers Into Evangelists, Not Just Customers.”- Steve Jobs
- “Give them quality. That is the best kind of advertising.” –Milton Hershey,
Digital Marketing quotes
To stride ahead in this digitally advanced era, every business needs to have a unique online foothold. Digital marketing is the key to create an eccentric online authority as a business and garner leads that eventually turn into loyal customers.
Here are some of the quotes that are sure to be a catalyst in propelling your digital marketing strategy!
- “Google only loves you when everyone else loves you first.” –Wendy Piersall, Author, Blogger and Artist
- “Focus on the core problem your business solves and put out lots of content and enthusiasm and ideas about how to solve that problem.” — Laura Fitton, INBOUND & Influencer Relations, HubSpot
- “Marketers need to build digital relationships and reputation before closing a sale.” –Chris Brogan, Chief Executive Officer of Owner Media Group
- “Digital marketing is not an art of selling a product. It is an art of making people buy the product that you sell.” — Hecate Strategy
- “Decide the effect you want to produce in your reader.” —Robert Collier, author
- “In the world of Internet Customer Service, it’s important to remember your competitor is only one mouse click away.” – Doug Warner
- Inspiration is the most important part of our digital strategy.” – Paull Young
- “SEO is not something you do anymore, it’s what happens when you do everything else right” – Chad Pollitt
- “Innovation needs to be part of your culture. Consumers are transforming faster than we are, and if we don’t catch up, we’re in trouble.” – Ian Schafer
- “Take a risk and keep testing, because what works today won’t work tomorrow, but what worked yesterday may work again.” – Amrita Sahasrabudhe
Content marketing Quotes
Content is the king, and there’s no two ways about it. Be it social media posts, blogs, your website or even the traditional ways of advertisements like billboards, television commercials, content plays a huge role.
Leverage these awesome content marketing quotes to create a smart marketing strategy for your business!
- “These days, people want to learn before they buy, be educated instead of pitched.” –Brian Clark
- “Less is more. Keeping it simple takes time and effort.” –Jeff Bullas, digital marketing influencer
- “Content, in all its forms, is the single most critical element of any marketing campaign.” — Rebecca Lieb, Founding Partner & Analyst, Kaleido Insights
- “If your content isn’t driving conversation, you’re doing it wrong.” –Dan Roth, LinkedIn’s executive editor
- “The modern marketer is an experimenter, a lover of data, a content creator, a justifier of ROI”. – Kim Walsh
- “Content marketing is really like a first date. If all you do is talk about yourself, there won’t be a second date.” – David Beebe, Founder & CEO, Storified Hospitality Group
- “Think like a customer.” –Paul Gillin, B2B & social media strategist
- “Never let ads write checks your website can’t cash.” –Avinash Kaushik, digital marketing evangelist
- “Before you create any more ‘great content,’ figure out how you are going to market it first.” – Joe Pulizzi & Newt Barrett.
- Does your content lead readers on a journey, or does it merely stuff them as leads into a pipeline?” –Ann Handley, Chief Content Officer of MarketingProfs
Social media marketing quotes
The role of social media in creating awareness about your services and products can not be overlooked in the technologically driven era. Use these social marketing quotes to understand the importance and implement some actionable strategies to create a prolific social media presence.
- “90% trust peers on social networks (even strangers); only 15–18% trust brands.” –Danny Brown, Award-Winning Marketer and Author
- “Think like a publisher, not a marketer.” – David Meerman Scott
- “The first rule of social media is that everything changes all the time. What won’t change is the community’s desire to network.” – Kami Huyse
- “Engage, Enlighten, Encourage and especially…just be yourself! Social media is a community effort, everyone is an asset.” – Susan Cooper
- “Pushing a company agenda on social media is like throwing water balloons at a porcupine.” – Erik Qualman
- “We have technology, finally, that for the first time in human history allows people to really maintain rich connections with much larger numbers of people.” – Pierre Omidyar
- Going viral is not an outcome; it’s a happening. Sometimes it happens; sometimes it doesn’t. Just remember, fans are vanity and sales are sanity.” – Lori Taylor
- “If social media is the cocktail party, then email marketing is the ‘meet up for coffee. The original 1-to-1 channel.” – Erik Harbison
- “Marketing is about telling good stories. Social media marketing is about getting your customers to tell them “for you.” – Corey Eridon
- “The secret to getting results from your social networking is to act like a member, not a marketer.” – Mari Smith
Email Marketing quotes
E-mail is a crucial part of digital marketing. It’s the best way to reach out to your potential customers and understand the likes of your customers.
Here’s some of the best quotes that can help you chalk out an effective email marketing plan.
- “A small list that wants exactly what you’re offering is better than a bigger list that isn’t committed.” – Ramsay Leimenstoll
- “Email has an ability many channels don’t: creating valuable, personal touches — at scale”. — David Newman
- “Quality over quantity — Emails may best cost-efficient but it’s no excuse to not produce quality content to give to a targeted audience”. — Benjamin Murray
- “There is no formula for the perfect email — Authentic and honest messaging works.” — Anonymous
- “A small list that wants exactly what you’re offering is better than a bigger list that isn’t committed. “— Ramsay Leimenstoll
- “Treat your subject line like the movie trailer — give a preview so they know what to expect.” — Anonymous
- “Signing up is a powerful signal of intent to buy. Send them emails until they do.” – Jordie van Rijn
- “Open, click and unsubscribe rates are pretty poor measures for email engagement.” – Jordie van Rijn
- “How to write a good email: 1. Write your email. 2. Delete most of it. 3. Send” – Dan Munz
- “On average, 8 out of 10 people will read your headline copy, but only 2 out of 10 will read the rest.” – Brian Clark
Brand marketing quotes
Brand marketing is about creating a long-lasting impression on your audience. Having a strong and relatable brand voice is absolutely important if you want your business to get global recognition and drive in more customers.
Have a look at some of the best brand marketing quotes and get some amazing brand marketing ideas for your next venture.
- “Just as you don’t need to be on every single TV channel, I don’t believe a brand needs to be on every single social media in one big way.”– Shiv Singh, marketing author
- “A brand is no longer what we tell the consumer it is – it is what consumers tell each other it is.” – Scott Cook
- “Brand is just a perception, and perception will match reality over time.” –Elon Musk,
- “The keys to brand success are self-definition, transparency, authenticity and accountability.” –Simon Mainwaring,
- “Your culture is your brand.” –Tony Hsieh, CEO of Zappos
- “Your personal brand is what people say about you when you are not in the room – remember that. And more importantly, let’s discover why!” – Chris Ducker, personal brand entrepreneur
- “Your personal brand is a promise to your clients… a promise of quality, consistency, competency, and reliability.” –Jason Hartman, CEO of Platinum Properties Investor Network
- “If people believe they share values with a company, they will stay loyal to the brand.” –Howard Schultz, CEO of Starbuck
- “The brands that can connect with the client in a real way will win” – Gary Vaynerchuk
- “Stop selling. Start helping.” –Zig Ziglar,
Storytelling marketing quotes
To create a connection with your audience and create curiosity among your potential customers, you need to harness the power of storytelling. It creates a deep impact on the readers and is a great way to lure in more customers.
Here are some actionable quotes to motivate you toward storytelling marketing.
- “Your brand is a story unfolding across all customer touch points.” –Jonah Sachs, author & entrepreneur
- “Make the customer the hero of your story.” – Ann Handley
- “Tell a story. Make it true. Make it compelling. And make it relevant.” – Rand Fishkin
- “Don’t say anything online that you wouldn’t want plastered on a billboard with your face on it.” – Erin Bury
- “Marketing is no longer about the stuff that you make, but about the stories you tell.” –Seth Godin, Bestselling Author and Blogger
- “Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing about.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “If your stories are all about your products and services, that’s not storytelling. It’s a brochure. Give yourself permission to make the story bigger.” — Jay Baer, Content Marketer & Co-Author
- “The purpose of a storyteller is not to tell you how to think, but to give you questions to think upon.” — Brandon Sanderson,
- “At its very core, marketing is storytelling. The best advertising campaigns take us on an emotional journey — appealing to our wants, needs, and desires — while at the same time telling us about a product or service.” — Melinda Partin,
- “Storytelling is the most powerful way to put ideas into the world today.” — Robert McKee,
SEO marketing quotes
When it comes to organic growth of your business, SEO marketing is the go to option you have. Knowing the basics and having the marketing experience to implement the right strategies is the key to business success.
Here are some SEO marketing quotes to give you clarity and some innovative ideas to grow your profits manifold, organically.
- “Nobody reads ads. People read what interests them. Sometimes, it’s an ad.” – Howard Gossage, real-life MadMen inspiration
- “If great content is the hero, then banners are the villain.” –Michael Brenner, CEO of Marketing Insider Group
- “Good SEO work only gets better over time. It’s only search engine tricks that need to keep changing when the ranking algorithms change.” – Jill Whalen
- “My rule of thumb is build a site for a user, not a spider.”– Dave Naylor
- “Successful SEO is not about tricking Google. It’s about PARTNERING with Google to provide the best search results for Google’s users.” – Phil Frost, Main Street ROI
- “Today it’s not about ‘get the traffic’ — it’s about ‘get the targeted and relevant traffic.” – Adam Audette, Chief Knowledge Officer, RKG
- If You’re Going to Post Content on Your Site Anyway, You Might as Well Take the Time to Make Sure Google Takes Notice of Your Effort.” – The Content Factory
- “If You Don’t Know the User Intent Behind the Keywords You’re Optimizing for Then You’re Doing It Wrong. Also, If You Are Optimizing for Keywords vs the Needs of the User Then You’re Doing It Wrong.” – Jordan Kasteler
- “If You’re Not Meeting Your Visitors’ Needs, It Doesn’t Matter How ‘Optimized’ Your Site Is.” – Stoney Degeyter
- “Sadly, much of the content being published is simply not worth linking to. 75% of it is getting zero inbound links. So forget the ‘more is better’ approach to content if you want links. Go with quality instead. Your content will generate links only if it is truly exceptional—’remarkable,’ as Seth Godin would say.” — Brian Sutter, Forbes.com
Audience centric marketing quotes
Customer rules! This cardinal rule of business works wonders when applied to your marketing strategy. Let your research team do the work to understand your customer’s interests. This way you can use the results to create an exceptional marketing strategy.
- “We need to stop interrupting what people are interested in and be what people are interested in.” – David Beebe,
- “For people to discover your website, you need to build pathways and big, flashing signs that lead them there. In digital marketing terms, this means you need links, links and more links.” — Luisito Batongbakal,
- “Quality content means content that is packed with clear utility and is brimming with inspiration, and it has relentless empathy for the audience.” — Ann Handley, CCO,
- “Do what you do so well that they will want to see it again and bring their friends.” — Walt Disney
- “Good marketing makes the company look smart. Great marketing makes the customer feel smart.” — Joe Chernov,
- “Advertising brings in the customers, but it is your job to keep them buying from you.” – Chet Holmes.
- “Your goal should be to own quality time in your customer’s inbox.” – Drew Davis
- “Speak to your audience in their language about what’s in their heart.” — Jonathan Lister, VP Global Sales Solutions, LinkedIn
- “Our jobs as marketers are to understand how the customer wants to buy and help them to do so.” –Bryan Eisenberg,
- “Forget about your competitors, just focus on your customers” – Jack Ma
Spread the word!
You can use these marketing word gems to motivate yourself and your team towards a sterling marketing strategy. Build authority in your next conversion and leave your listeners in awe of your marketing knowledge !
See-through delicate embroidered organza blue lining luxury acetate-uppercas.