How to Save Instagram Photos on PC or Mac
Instagram is one of the most popular social media applications. It is one such platform where people get inspired with unique content. So, there is no surprise that everyone wants to save Instagram photos on their personal computer.
However, Instagram does not provide any feature by which you can save photos directly on your PC. Instead, you need to opt for a multi-step process to save your images.
Here’s how to save Instagram photos on PC and Mac!
Table of contents
How to save Instagram photos on PC or Mac
You can use three different ways to save Instagram images on your PC or Mac.
- You can take a screenshot
- Search via source code
- Save your own best edited Instagram Photos
Taking a Screenshot
It is one of the easiest ways to save Instagram images to PC. If the size and resolution aren’t a problem, you can surely consider this option.
The snipping tool is the most convenient tool that you can use to capture photos. Follow the steps mentioned below to know how to use the snipping tool.
- Navigate your Instagram photos in your computer through a browser
- Launch snipping tool on your PC (Those who don’t know where to find the snipping tool can simply type in the start or windows search option)
- Adjust the snipping ‘Mode’ and click ‘New’ from the menu bar
- Now select the part of the image that you want to snip
- Once you snip the file, click on the ‘Save Snip’ button
- Select Save as Box, type your preferred file name, and save it.
- Navigate to Instagram photos in your Mac through browser
- Hold down Shift + Command + 4
- Select the area of the image that you want to capture
- After taking the screenshot, you can find the image on your desktop saved as a .png file
Search via Source
If you are still wondering how to save Instagram images with high resolution, this one is the best option. Follow the steps mentioned below to know how it’s done.
- Navigate to Instagram photos in your device
- Click the ‘…’ button provided at the top of the photo
- Select ‘Copy Link’
- Paste the link in the browser’s window, and hit ‘Enter’
- Open Chrome page source by clicking View → Developer → View source in Chrome
- In the ‘View Source’ click CTRL + F (for pc) or Command + F (Mac) and paste
- The first URL is the one that you want to save.
- Copy the URL and paste the URL in another window to create a window with the same image
- Now, right-click on the image, and save it on your PC or Mac
Saving Your Own Instagram Photos
If you want to save Instagram photos to your PC or Mac, you can follow the simple process mentioned below. However, to use this particular method, you need to enable a feature that comes within Instagram.
- Launch Instagram on your mobile device and log in to your account.
- Tap on the user icon, provided in the lower right corner.
- Tap the hamburger icon, provided at the top right corner
- Select Settings Menu.
- Click on Account
- Enable ‘ Save Original Photos’
Once you enable the option, it would automatically save your Instagram photos to your phone in a separate folder named Instagram. You can later transfer those photos from mobile to PC or Mac.
We hope this article will help you save Instagram photos to PC or Mac. If you have any such tricks, you can share them with us. Do provide your views in the comment section below, and for the latest tech articles, do visit our site.
See-through delicate embroidered organza blue lining luxury acetate-uppercas.