How to Delete All Tweets at Once?
Having a Twitter account for years means you would be having a huge number of tweets. Be it some angsty tweets from when you were a teen, tweets from your college life that you probably don’t want your office colleagues to see, or your rants that no longer match with your opinions.
And at times, you might have thought of getting rid of all of these and starting fresh. But how? Does starting fresh mean you would have to delete all tweets one by one or delete the account only as a whole?
Well, don’t panic! We have curated this article to answer all such questions that are doing around in your mind. So, keep reading.
Before we tell you how to delete the tweets all at once, let’s first understand what Twitter is and how it functions?
Everything you need to know about Twitter
Twitter is a microblogging system that people use to send and receive short posts, known as tweets. These tweets can be up to 280 characters long with links, images, or videos attached to them.
At present, there are approximately 199 million active Twitter members worldwide sharing their thoughts, opinions, and news on Twitter.
Like any other social media account, here also you can follow other Twitter members. And once you start following the other users, you can see their tweets in your timeline. You can follow people based on your interest and similarities.
Now, coming to the functioning of Twitter. You can create tweets here and retweet what others have shared. By retweeting, a greater section of the audience can have access to that information.
With that, we hope you have a basic idea of Twitter now. So, let’s move to our main section.
Interesting Read:- Top 150+ Twitter Abbreviations(Acronyms) you Need to Know
Steps to Delete All Tweets at Once
Deleting all tweets is simpler than it sounds. How? You can take the help of a third-party app and your work is done.
- First, select a tool and visit its website.
- Grant permission to the selected tool to access your tweets.
- Select the number of tweets you want to delete or select whole tweets to delete.
- Then, confirm your selection. Note that this cannot be undone.
- And lastly, your tweets would get deleted.
Deleting tweets with a specific tool
In case you are wondering which third-party tools you can use to delete the tweets, let us clarify the same. At present, there are three tools that internet users are loving the most.
Though the tools look different from each other, their functioning is more or less the same. We have further explained each tool in detail. Have a look:
The first one on our list is Tweet Deleter. Due to its easy-to-use interface, this tool is widely accepted by Twitter users. The homepage of this tool shows a woman swinging and deleting tweets blissfully.
And if we talk about the features, Tweet Deleter has an easy-to-use dashboard that showcases all your tweets once you give the authorization. Some of the main features that you can get in Tweet Deleter includes:
- Auto-Delete: When you choose auto-delete, the tool will slowly and steadily delete your earliest tweets every day. This is one good way to get rid of the tweets, a little at a time.
- Tweet Archive: With this feature, you can relocate some tweets to a different location, rather than showing them in your timeline.
- Full-Delete: This feature deletes all the tweets at once. This is the quickest and most effective option for deleting tweets.
Apart from these features, you also get a variety of filters here to narrow down your searches. For example, there is a filter “rude” that automatically shows you rude and offensive tweets.
Similarly, there is a tweet-type filter that locates retweets, replies, and likes and a media filter to locate gifs, pictures, and videos.
Now that you know about the features, let us give you a little brief on how to delete old tweets.
How to delete tweets using Tweet Deleter?
Deleting tweets with Tweet Deleter is very simple. Here, have a look at how?
- On the homepage of the tool, you can see an option “Sign in with Twitter”. Click on it.
- Following that, a new window will open asking you to authorize the Twitter App. This is called global authentication. Next, click on “Authorize app” to continue.
- From here, you would be redirected to the Tweet Deleter dashboard. Either select all tweets or specific tweets that you want to delete. If you want to delete specific tweets, you will have to check the box next to each tweet.
- Lastly, click on “Delete Tweets” at the top right corner and then press the red-colored Delete box and you are done.
Note: Deleting a tweet is a permanent action and it can’t be undone.
Limitations: There are a few limitations to using Tweet Deleter, the most prominent one being that with the free option, you can only delete five tweets per day. Besides, to avail of the features like auto-delete, tweet archive, and full-delete, you need to be a paid user.
Paid versions: For the paid version, you have two options. The first one or the premium one allows you to delete 3000 tweets per day while with the unlimited one, you can delete unlimited tweets per day.
- Premium– $9.99 per month-to-month.
- Unlimited– $14.99 per month-to-month.
The second on our list is “Tweet Delete”. With this tool, you can delete up to 3200 of your latest tweets. Tweet Delete does not offer robust features like Tweet Deleter but if you wish to quickly delete more than 5 tweets per day, this should be on your list.
How to delete tweets using Tweet Delete?
- From the homepage, click on ‘Sign in with Twitter”. A dialog box will appear asking you to agree to the terms and conditions. Check on it.
- Next, a new window will open where you would be asked to authorize the Twitter app by Memset Ltd. Click on Authorize App to continue.
- Further, Tweet Delete would give you an option to delete tweets ranging from one week old to one year old. Just ensure, the number is less than 3200 total tweets.
- Finally, click on Activate Tweet Delete and your selected tweets would get deleted permanently.
Keep in mind that Tweet Delete can also post in your feed, notifying your followers that you have deleted tweets. So, make sure to uncheck these boxes before activating Tweet Delete.
Limitations: Though Tweet Delete works very quickly you must know that deleting a massive number of tweets simultaneously can give rise to some major bugs in your timeline. And if that occurs, you will have to consult Twitter support.
Paid versions: The best part here is that, unlike Tweet Deleter, this tool is 100 % free to use.
The final tool on our list is Tweet Eraser. This tool is a combination of both Tweet Deleter and Tweet Delete as it offers the free aspects of Tweet Delete with the Dashboard feature of Tweet Deleter.
Tweet Eraser tells its users about the paid and free tiers of the tool and each of this information is available on its site. We will talk also about it but after a bit.
Once you sign in, you can access the following features in Tweet Eraser:
- Search filters: This feature allows you to search specific tweets by typing the keywords. You can further create a custom filter too.
- Multiple Twitter Accounts: With this feature, you can sync both your personal Twitter account and Business Twitter account in a single place.
- Keep deleted Tweets: This feature lets you have an access to the deleted tweets, though the tweets won’t be visible to the public.
Now, let’s see how to delete tweets using Tweet Eraser
Deleting tweets with Tweet Eraser
- On the homepage, see for free-tier option and then click on “Just sign in with Twitter” from there.
- Similar to the above tools, you will be redirected to a new window asking for authorization. Click on “Authorize app” to continue.
- Again, just like Tweet Deleter, from the dashboard select all or specific tweets you want to delete.
- Lastly, click on “Delete tweets” and you are good to go.
Limitations: A total of 3200 tweets can be deleted which is better than Tweet Deleter but here, you would have to go through on-page advertisements. Besides, features like saving old tweets and syncing multiple accounts are only available for the paid users.
Paid versions: The tool has two options for the paid version. The first one is the Standard eraser which lets you delete unlimited tweets but you cannot save the old tweets here. The second is a premium eraser where you can delete unlimited tweets without any limitations.
- Standard: $6.99 for 30 days
- Premium: $9.99 for 30 days
With that, you now have the idea about three different tools for deleting tweets using three different ways. Revamping your Twitter account is a good idea especially when you are looking to grow your business or personal brand.
The only thing that you must keep in mind is that although these tools are super fast and effective, sometimes they may lead to some bugs. Also, since these tools are third-party tools, they will have “read and access” to your account. You can revoke that anytime from the settings.
And with that, we mark an end to this article. Hopefully, it would be helpful to you the next time when you think of deleting your old tweets.
See-through delicate embroidered organza blue lining luxury acetate-uppercas.