How to Post On Instagram From Your Laptop
Have you ever wondered how you can post on Instagram from your laptop? If yes, then this post will surely help you with it. Instagram is one of the popular social media platforms for sharing and publishing content using a mobile application.
It does not have a desktop version, unlike other social media platforms. Publishing on Instagram through desktop provides better flexibility and reduces wastage of time. Although a desktop version for Instagram is available, yet the platform works better when used as an app.
It means some features can be challenging to access or use when operating through your computer. But wait, there’s hope! It is now possible to post content over Instagram through your PC, making your browser imitate a mobile device view.
Below we’ve outlined four different ways to post on Instagram from your computer.
Table of contents
Posting on Instagram Through a PC
Here are steps through which you can post on Instagram with the help of a PC-
For Google Chrome
- Visit Instagram using Google Chrome.
- Click on the Settings tab by clicking the three vertical dots present on the right side of the screen.
- Click on the “More tools” option followed by clicking on “Developer’s tools.“
- The window opens, which serves developers in debugging and testing their websites or apps.
- But our goal is to use it for Instagram; therefore, hit on the mobile tab.
- Then choose the type of mobile interface you’d want to use. The option is visible below the drop down window.
- After making the selection, refresh the page; you will view the mobile interface on your browser.
- You are now ready to post content on Instagram through your desktop just like you would do on your mobile.
For Safari (for Mac users)
Although you can post over Instagram using Google Chrome if you want to use Safari (Mac’s default browser), you can follow these steps:
- Type the URL for Instagram on the Safari browser.
- Under the “Preferences” tab, hit the “Advanced” button.
- Tick the box alongside the “Show Develop” tab in the menu bar.
- The “Develop” menu will open at the top of the menu bar.
- In this menu, select the “User-Agent” option and choose the type of mobile interface you’d want to view. It should be set up with the latest iPhone iOS.
- Once you’re done with making your choice, you can upload posts to Instagram from your Mac.
- You even can use third-party apps that are downloadable and are compatible with your PC or Mac.
Posting a Video On Instagram Through PC
For posting videos on Instagram using your PC, you need third-party services or software that offers scheduling and other facilities. There are many options available in the markets, free and paid versions like Hootsuite, Sendible, Buffer Publish, Social Insider, etc.
If you are posting using a PC regularly, it would be better to explore the scheduling software available and select the best out of them.
Post On Instagram Using a Third Party Software- Hootsuite
Let us see a use case of Hootsuite for posting on Instagram from your Mac or PC.
- Sign in to your Hootsuite dashboard. In case you don’t have an account, you can easily create one.
- Click on the “New Post” tab in green color from your dashboard present at the top.
- The window for “New Post” will be displayed on the screen.
- Under the “Post to” option, choose the Instagram account where you would like to publish your content.
In case you have not added any account yet, you can do this by hitting on the “+ add a social network “option present in the box and following the directions listed below-
- Put the image, video, or carousel (multiple images and videos) that you want to publish to Instagram, in the Media section.
- You can even enhance the uploaded image or video through photo editing software.
- After completing the above steps, you can add captions and as many hashtags as you want in the “text” section. You can even add a location to it at the bottom using the options present.
- When you are done finalizing your post, click on the “Post Now button” located at the bottom.
- You can even schedule it for later if you wish to publish it according to your preference.
For PC or Mac
If you wish to edit the image before or after publishing it on your desktop, follow the directions below. This will allow you to access the developer mode, showing you a mobile view of Instagram.
- Through developer mode, reach any of your posts.
- Hit on the vertical three dots present in the right corner.
- Click on the Edit option.
- You can edit the tags, hashtags, captions, locations, etc.
- After completing the above step, click on the blue checkmark present in the right corner of the window.
Deleting a Post from Instagram Through Desktop
Some of the third-party software might not provide this functionality yet. However, it is possible through desktop or Mac. The steps using Hootsuite are listed as follows-
- Go to Instagram.com and find the post you would like to delete.
- Go to developer mode on either Safari or Google Chrome (see above section if you need help).
- Click on the three dots in the right corner.
- Click on Delete.
- Confirm by clicking Delete again.
In case you do not have third party software installed, then you can post on Instagram through the steps listed below-
- Visit the site “Instagram.com.”
- Go to “developer mode” on either Google Chrome or Safari.
- Select the camera icon present at the top left part of the window.
- Select an image or video that you would like to add to your Instagram story.
- You can even edit it by using stickers, gifs, emoticons, texts, filters, etc.
- Hit on the “Add” tab to add your story at the bottom.
Instagram is primarily designed for mobile devices. But there are some people who would like to work on it through desktop devices. Therefore the practical solutions provided in this article will help in posting on Instagram using your PC.
Now you no longer need to worry about moving photos to your mobile device and you’ll be able to create posts in a scalable way. Alternatives to posting directly through your PC over Instagram include third-party apps and browser tricks.
Some of the third-party software are free versions, while some are paid. Some are compatible with both Mac and Windows operating systems, while others with only one. Every app or hack works differently, and every service has its own set of pros and cons.
See-through delicate embroidered organza blue lining luxury acetate-uppercas.