Facebook Pixel: What it is and How to Use it?
Facebook isn’t only about scrolling the news feed and posting pictures. Yes, in this blog, let us introduce a new ad tool, Facebook Pixel to you. Giving a short introduction, we’ll let you know why it is necessary to set up Facebook Pixel and how to create a Pixel and add your website to it. Let’s start.
Facebook is not limited to its feed or post category, Facebook ads can also be used and for using this social ad budget, you should start using one key tool – Facebook Pixel.
An Introduction to Facebook Pixel
It is the code that is placed on your website. Facebook pixel collects data that helps you to track conversions from Facebook ads, build targeted audiences, optimize ads and also market again to the people who have already taken some kind of action on your website.
Facebook pixel works by placing cookies to track users as they interact with your website and Facebook ads. There are different kinds of pixels, which are conversion pixel and custom audience pixel. Conversion pixel has been deactivated by Facebook and custom audience pixel is still present.
Why it is Necessary to Set Up the Facebook Pixel?
The Facebook pixel provides important information that you can use to create much better Facebook ads manager and also target your ads. Facebook tracking pixel data helps to ensure your ads are visible by the audience who are likely to be involved in your desired action. The tracking pixel improves your Facebook ad conversion rate and gets better ROI.
Facebook pixels should be installed although you are not using Facebook ads. This will collect the data right away and you need not have to start from scratch.
Facebook pixels help in improving marketing results. Below are few ways to use the Facebook Pixel:
1. Use Facebook Conversion Tracking
Facebook pixel allows you to see how your users interact with your website after looking at your Facebook ad. This information can help you to upgrade your ad strategy and know about your return on investment. Customers can also be tracked across their devices.
2. Facebook Retargeting
Facebook retargeting pixel data and ads allow you to show your important and target ads to people who have already visited your website.
3. Create Lookalike Audiences
With the help of targeting data, Facebook helps you to build similar audiences who have the same likes, interests, and demographics. This will increase your customer base of viewers who are already interacting with your website.
4. Gain Access to Facebook Ad Tools and Metrics
You can use web conversion campaigns, custom audiences from website, dynamic ads only if the Facebook pixel is installed. You can also track metrics like cost per lead with the help of pixels.
5. Optimize Facebook Ads for Conversions
Facebook tracking pixel data is used to optimize your Facebook ads for specific conversion events. With the pixel, you can optimize for conversions that are close to business goals, like purchase and sign-ups. Without pixel, you can optimize only link clicks.
6. Optimize Facebook ads for value
Facebook collects certain data on people who buy and spend from your website, thus it helps in optimizing your ad audience on value. It also shows your ads to other viewers who are likely to make similar high-value purchases.
How to Use Facebook Pixel?
It collects data regarding two different kinds of events. Event out here is a specified action that any visitor performs on your website.
1. It has a predefined set of 17 events
2. You can set your own events
Facebook Pixel Events
Below are the events mentioned which can be used accordingly. You can add more details to customize these events, like –
- Basket contents
- How much conversion event is worth?
Have a Look Towards the Facebook Events
- Purchase – someone purchases on your website.
- Lead – someone signs themselves as a lead on your site.
- Complete registration – someone completes a subscription form.
- Add to cart category – someone adds products to their shopping cart.
- Fill payment information – someone enters their payment information.
- Add to the wishlist section – someone adds a product to the wishlist category on your site.
- Search option- someone uses the search function to look for something on your site.
- View the content – someone lands on a specific page.
- Contact – someone contacts your business.
- Donate – someone makes a donation to your cause.
- Find a location – someone searches for your business location.
- Schedule – someone books an appointment at your business.
- Submit application – someone applies for your product, service, or any program.
- Start trial – someone signs up for a free trial.
- Subscribe – someone subscribes to a paid product.
Interesting Read: Facebook Event FAQs: Answers For Marketers
Facebook Custom Events
You can also use custom events or customize them accordingly. Custom events use URL rules which are based on specific URLs or any URL keywords.
How to Create a Facebook Pixel and Add to Your Website?
1. Create your Pixel
- From your Facebook Events Manager click the option Pixels.
- Click the green Create a Pixel button.
- Name your pixel, and then enter your website URL, and click – Create!
- When choosing the pixel’s name, you get only one pixel for each ad account. The name should represent your business. For more pixel ad account, use Facebook Business Manager.
2. Add the Related Pixel Code to Your Website
Following are the steps to create your pixel and get it activated on your website –
For making your pixel work by gathering information on your website, it is necessary to install some kind of code on your web pages. This all depends on what platform you are using.
- For an eCommerce platform, install your pixel without having to edit your website code directly.
- For working with a developer, click Email Instructions to a developer so he can install the pixel.
- If the above two options are not happening, then you need to insert the pixel code directly into your webpages.
3. Track the Right Events for Your Business
Select out of the 17 standard events you want to track. For each event, you need to choose whether to track the page load or inline action will do.
- Track event on page load: In these actions are tracked that involve going to new pages like a purchase or sign-up success page.
- Track event on inline action: In these actions are tracked within a page, like clicking an ‘add to cart’ button and it does not open to a new page.
For Facebook pixel custom events, choose Custom conversions on the top left. Then, click Create Custom Conversion to define your custom conversion event which uses URL.
4. Confirm Your Facebook Pixel is Working or Not
You should first confirm if your Facebook pixel is tracking properly or not before relying on the data. Facebook pixel installation can be tested by sending test traffic.
- Add Facebook Pixel Helper extension to your Google Chrome browser.
- The extension will find the pixel and a popup will indicate how many pixels it finds on the page. The popup will indicate if your pixel is working or not, otherwise, it will provide error information so you can make the needed corrections.
5. Add Pixel Notice to Your Website
You need to provide clear notice to your users that you are using Facebook Pixel and their information or data collected through cookies or other methods. They can also opt-out of letting their data collected.
To convey all the details, go to the Facebook Business tools Terms or Facebook’s cookie consent.
Facebook Pixel Cookies
Advertisers can use Facebook pixel cookies to track the pixel data. They can use either first-party cookies or third-party cookies. Advertisers can track data on Safari and Firefox, as both these browsers have limits on third-party cookies.
If you need to opt-out, it can be due to extensive privacy legislation like finance and health.
Facebook Pixel installation is advantageous if the goal is to get different optimization impacts like cost per click and cost per lead. The main criteria for having Facebook pixel are Conversions, reach, link clicks and engagement. This gives a clear picture of the data users of the users, and hoe it is beneficial to your brand or business.
See-through delicate embroidered organza blue lining luxury acetate-uppercas.