How To Use Memories Option & Save Snapchat Memories Forever?
Snapchat stories are all about capturing moments, so what if you want to save the moment. In this blog we will be talking about some of the best methods to save your snapchat stories and turn into memories to cherish forever.
Snapchat Memories: Social Media usage has exploded with more and more people joining various platforms. Be it posting your happy moments or using it for the purpose of advertisement or using it to feature any product, and there is nothing you will ever skip on in this world.
How to Save Snapchat Memories Forever?
One such very active and attractive Social media platform is Snapchat. Bloomberg Technology, in its recent report, revealed that a number of Snapchat users had surpassed the number of daily Twitter users.
If you are using Snapchat too, you must be aware of terrific Snapchat tricks, and the lifecycle of a snap-on app used to be of 10 seconds or 24 hours if you posted the same story.
Although, with the introduction of the new ‘Memories’ feature, you get your own cloud storage that is linked with your account, and as long as you are on Snapchat, you will be able to store an unlimited number of snaps and stories.
So all those crazy memories of your younger self are available in the ‘Memories’ tab, and you can access them whenever you are in a mood of a good round of nostalgia.
The only thing you need to take care of is that if anything happens to your account, all these memories will permanently disappear. But to save you from this, Snapchat also rolled out a feature that will enable you to export all your memories to the camera roll.
Here is a Quick Guide on How to Save Your Snapchat Memories Forever and various other features of Snapchat you did not know.
How Can you Set up a Snapchat Account?
If you are new to Snapchat, you need to know how to use Snapchat and the steps for setting an account. Follow these easy steps to set up an account on Snapchat.
- Download the Snapchat application from Apple Store (for iOS) or the Google Play Store (for Android). This is a free application.
- To create an account, open the Snapchat app and tap ‘Sign Up.’ You will need to enter your first name and last name and tap ‘Sign Up and Accept.’
- Next, you will need to enter your birth date and year and tap ‘Continue.’
- Create a Username that will represent your name or your brand name. Here Snapchat will suggest some usernames that you can choose from, and that is available. Once you select a username, it can not be changed in the future, so make sure to choose a username that you do not want to change anytime. Tap ‘Continue.’
- Create your Password and tap ‘Continue.’
- Enter your Email Address and Tap ‘Continue’.
- Enter your phone number and tap ‘Continue.’ Next, wait for a text message with verification code, enter it in the app, and tap ‘Continue.’
- Add people you would like to befriend on Snapchat.
- Tap Ghost Icon on the top left then tap ‘Create Bitmoji.’ You will be redirected to the Bitmoji app on the Google Play Store. Download the app and personalize your own bitmoji and link it to Snapchat.
Some Essential Features of Snapchat Memories
Before we get to all the tech features provided by Snapchat for your memories, let us understand What is Snapchat Memories?
Snapchat has made it possible to save all your snaps, stories, and videos to an archive. You can click on the ‘Save’ tab, and all your snaps will be saved to Snapchat’s cloud servers instead of your phone.
But you should keep in mind that if you deactivate your account and leave it for 30 days or more, your memories will disappear entirely from the cloud. This means that your data will go away entirely.
So if you care enough about your memories on Snapchat, back up all the data. Read the following features through which you can save your memories.
1. How to Save Memories on Snapchat?
After creating a snap or story, tap on the ‘Download/save’ button at the bottom left corner of your screen. This just becomes a memory.
2. How To Save New Snapchat Memories to Camera Roll?
You can automatically back up your new Snapchat Memories to the camera roll. To do this, you will have to follow these simple steps:
- Open Snapchat Application.
- Tap on your profile icon. This is on the top left corner of the screen.
- Tp on the ‘Settings’ icon present on the top right of the profile screen.
- Select ‘Memories’ in the settings menu.
- Tap on ‘ Save Button’ in the ‘Save Destination’ section.
- Three option will appear i.e.
‘Memories’ is the default option and will save your snaps and stories to Snapchat cloud.
‘Memories and Camera Roll’ this option will save them both to the cloud as well as your phone’s camera roll.
‘Camera Roll only’ this option will save your memories only to your camera roll, and they will no longer be collected on Snapchat’s cloud.
Choose the option where you want to save your memories.
- Go to the beginning screen.
Now, whenever you take a snap or edit an existing catch and hit the save button, Snapchat will save it to the destination you’ve chosen.
3. How to Save Existing Memories to Camera Roll?
To save existing Snapchat, Memories to camera roll requires few steps:
- Open Snapchat
- Tap the‘ Memories’ button at the bottom of the screen.
- Open Memory that you wish to save to camera roll.
- Tap on three vertical dots on the upper right corner of the screen. Also, you can long-press on the memory.
- A drop-down list will appear. Click on ‘Export Snap’
- You can Export snap to ‘Camera Roll’ or ‘Other Apps.’ Click on ‘Camera Roll’ to save that Memory to your phone gallery.
- Snapchat will save that memory to the phone’s camera roll.
- Click on the ‘Other App’ option to share that particular memory on any other platform.
You can not export all your memories all at once. There is no option except you will have to manually go through each saved snap and export it to the camera roll.
4. How to Pull Memories into ‘My Story’?
When you save a snap or a story, it becomes part of memory forever, but this will not put that snap into your current story. In other words, nobody can access it except you.
However, if you want to share your memories with other fellow Snapchats users, put it under the ‘My Story’ section. To do this, you will have to open the memory and click on a blue arrow present on the bottom right corner of the screen then tap ‘My Story.
This will be a part of your story for the next 24 hours, and all your Snapcat friends will be able to view it.
5. How to Save a Story To Memories?
On Snapchat, snaps are not the only thing that you can save to memories. You can save your story to memories as well. Just follow these steps:
- Open Snapchat
- Tap ‘Stories’ in the bottom right corner of the app.
- Click on your story that you want to save to memories.
- Tap the Download icon beside the story.
6. How to Send Memories to Snapchat Friends?
If you want your friends to have a glimpse of your Snapchat memories, you will go through pretty much the same process as you will follow while adding memories to ‘My Story.’
Simply you need to click on the memory then click on the arrow on the lower right corner of the screen. A list of people will appear below ‘My Story.’ Click on the names of people you want to share your memories with.
Interesting Read: Clever Ways to Get More Snapchat Friends
Some Other Interesting Features of Snapchat
1. How To Export Other Data From Snapchat?
Snapchat also stores other user data as well apart from memories. You can easily export some of this data. For example, you can export chat history, search list, your friend list, activity list of your account, your profile information, and other data.
Follow these steps to export other data.
- Open Snapchat Application
- Click on the ‘Settings’ icon
- Click on the ‘My Data’ option under the settings option.
- Enter your credentials.
- Tab on ‘Submit a Request’
- Tab the information that you want to export.
- The information will be sent to you on the registered and verified the email address in a .zip folder.
2. How To Set Up “My Eyes Only”?
You can set up “My Eyes Only” on Snapchat and avoid awkward moments when a friend scrolls through the snaps that are just meant for you. It is a kind of folder where you can save your snaps. This folder will be visible only to you.
- Open ‘Memories’ on Snapchat
- Click on ‘Snaps’ tab
- Open snap that you want to move to ‘My Eyes Only.’
- Tap on the Lock icon on the bottom bar.
- Click on ‘Quick Setup.’
- You will need to create a 4 digit password.
- Reconfirm password.
- There will be an acknowledgment where you will have to agree that if you do not remember your password, Snapchat can’t recover it for you.
- Tap ‘Continue’ after accepting acknowledgment.
- Tap ‘Finish’ tab.
- Click on the ‘move’ tab to move the desired snap to ‘My Eyes Only.’
Now your Snaps will no longer be visible under the snaps tab, and you will be able to see a “My Eyes Only” tab under memories where you can find all your hidden snaps.
We hope you will not face any problems while saving or exporting any of your Snapchat memories after reading this article. Also, do not forget to get some real memories and experiences which you can keep on Snapchat and cherish forever.
So let us know what you think of the Memories feature on Snapchat? We would love to hear your thoughts on the same.
See-through delicate embroidered organza blue lining luxury acetate-uppercas.