34 Marketing Plan Samples and 7 Templates to Build Your Strategy
Whether you are a beginner or a professional marketer, while creating your marketing you will never want to leave out something important in it. In this blog, you will get detailed information about the marketing plan along with some very interesting samples and creative templates. Want to know more, Let's begin!
In case you are reading this article now, then there are high chances that you are just a beginner in marketing. Maybe you have no idea how to get started with your marketing plan. Otherwise, perhaps you are reading this article to improve further the marketing plan you already created.
And definitely, you never want to leave behind any essential portions or aspects of a suitable marketing module. Getting the best marketing plan sample templates is pretty tricky if you start searching aimlessly on Google. But to make things a bit easier, we have the 34 best Marketing plan samples for you to start with your marketing journey.
Table of contents
- Marketing Plan Samples
- 34 Best Marketing Plan Samples
- What Do You Mean By Marketing Plan?
- How to Differentiate Between Business Plan and Marketing Plan?
- What Are the Different Parts of a Marketing Plan?
- Best Marketing Plan Creating Tools
- What Qualities Makes an Excellent Marketing Team?
Marketing Plan Samples
The entire article is divided into two sections. Here, the first section consists of the best marketing samples to help you start your marketing plan. The second section enables you to write a proper step-by-step marketing plan using some mastermind techniques and strategies.
Some of the samples are taken from well-established companies. At the same time, some of them are just mere marketing samples or somewhat hypothetical. You can take a good amount of inspiration from these samples and create your customized plan. Later in the article, you will learn more tricks, ideas, and activities to create an attractive marketing plan.
34 Best Marketing Plan Samples
- The brand new Kansas State University Marketing Plan Template.
- Palo Alto Software’s instant Sample plan.
- Marketing Plan Samples for small startups or businesses by Profitworks
- The marketing plan sample design by a network of small startup development corporations in Massachusetts
- Houghton Mifflin‘s marketing samples
- Marketing plan by Nancy and Kiwi for nonprofit organizations
- The University of Tennessee has an agricultural section service that has developed a great sample. It is an example of how to develop and create a marketing plan from the start.
- Gizmo’s marketing plan is also an excellent template
- UncommonlySocial’s example on content marketing plan sample in one page
- The personalized Marketing template and design created by David Merman Scott
- Coschedule’s stepwise detailed analysis on how to create a proper marketing plan with the template.
- The layout of the Marketing plan by Quick MBA
- Business Victoria House‘s marketing sample
- Strategic template for Content Marketing by Buffer
- Marketing Donut’s sample for excellent marketing experience
- Template and outline by Vital Design for marketing
- The marketing plan sample layout by a centre of smaller businesses development based on Wisconsin Oshkosh University
- The Forbes template for best marketing
- Digital marketing solutions template by Smart Insights
- Marketing plan from the start by Network Jungle
- Personalized Marketing Template provided by the Development fund of Nishnawbe Aski
- Become a pro in creating and drafting a marketing plan with the business.com site
- BisAmmo’s one-page sample of the marketing plan is a wonder in itself
- The Royal Bank Market Template is there to help you with all problems you are facing to create your plan
- Nerdy Mind’s online marketing plan solution template for a better market experience
- Business Town’s sample marketing template focuses on multi-channel marketing with a two thousand dollar budget or even more
- Chief Outsiders will help you build a Go-to marketing plan from the beginning with their sample
- Strategize marketing samples and content for small startup businesses by ThriveHive is an excellent place to start
- The Content Marketing Institution’s template will help you strategically narrow down your content marketing
- Credo’s sample on how to create a marketing plan from first is highly effective
- Coschedule’s version of the marketing strategy of Nike and how they believe in giving benefits to their customers instead of selling products
Read More: 5 Components of a Good Marketing Strategy
- Coschedule’s version on the Marketing plan of Starbucks and how to create a memorably great name for its brand
- Coschedule’s version of the Marketing sample of Red bull copies it with every essential thing you need to know
- Lush Cosmetics latest marketing plan sample and template
What Do You Mean By Marketing Plan?
Marketing is a crucial aspect of any business, whether it is small or big. A marketing plan is a document in word format or PDF file. It states in detail how you will carry forward with your company’s marketing strategies and execute them with time.
The marketing document consists of both your future aspects and present scenario. Generally, it is written keeping a specific period in mind. Hence, it would be best if you kept on updating your marketing plan.
How to Differentiate Between Business Plan and Marketing Plan?
A business plan gives a detailed report about your entire project or company, starting from the product description, company description, competitors to the marketing plan, operation plan, and more. A marketing plan is a part of a full-proof business plan.
The marketing plan usually speaks of specific actions that should be carried out with time. But without a solid basic foundation of strategy, it becomes useless to a business. The foundation of a primary market plan is shouldered upon its robust market strategies. The marketing plan helps in the execution of specific strategic tasks with time.
What Are the Different Parts of a Marketing Plan?
The different parts of a proper marketing plan include a summary of the company’s executive, vision, and mission, SWOT analysis, and analysis of competitors. Other features include target market analysis, marketing KPIs, growth, pricing, and distribution channels.
Lastly, the most crucial part of a market plan is the budget. Now let’s look deeper into each of these sections.
Summary of Executive
It is one of the essential parts of a plan, although it might seem a bit too formal to some. Usually, the marketing plan document becomes very lengthy. It is always advisable to create a summary at the beginning itself. The summary should contain all the significant points of your plan.
The marketing plan does not have any particular length set. It should highlight all the critical portions of your program and tell your aim about what you are trying to achieve. Include the budget, KPIs, marketing, and distribution channels. A good summary will invoke the investor or reader to read the full document. It should not at all be boring and monotonous.
The Mission of Your Venture
Your company’s mission statement should have an overall vision, followed by your venture’s central values, objectives, and goals. Never use a lot of complex technical words and jargon. Don’t make it lengthy. Try to keep it small and impactful. Maybe your employees can help you in framing the mission.
If the mission you propose has nothing to do with what your company produces, then that is the worst-case scenario. It would not help your venture grow. The vision is the ultimate goal. The mission statement also proposes the tasks you will carry out, the values you upload to achieve the ultimate goal.
The SWOT Analysis is a beautiful technique through which you can achieve a proper market analysis. It would be best if you had a qualitative and quantitative survey of your market. The SWOT analysis will help you look into the market size in terms of quantity sold and value or amount gained.
SWOT stands for Strength, Weakness, Opportunity, and Threats of a company.
Strength will define your unique selling proposition. Other things include what your company excels at, what makes you better than your competitors, and what essential resources you are using.
Weaknesses include points which can be improved in the company. It also consists of the weakest link of your venture and what you lack compared to competitors.
There are various factors like lifestyle trends, government policies, population patterns, demographic trends, and more. Opportunity is where you can assess whether trends in such factors help you achieve an upper hand over the competitors.
Threats again are those trends in the market that can restrain your company from achieving success. You need to identify what changes in the market can hurt your venture and how to handle them.
Analysis of Competitors
Understanding competitors is essential in any business. First, identify all your competitors. Next, look into the marketing process and strategies they are using. Lastly, carefully understand how they are proceeding to achieve their mission and goal. You can also use any competitive analysis template to figure out the competition in your industry.
Identifying Target Market
A customer journey map may help you here. You need to identify the various contact points that your venture has with the target customers.
There are plenty of channels through which buyers can reach your venture. But The ZMOT (Zero Moment Of Truth) concept states the customer’s journey into finding your solution to their problem. Ultimately what affects your marketing and company is the problem statement which you are solving for your buyers.
Firstly, you should be sure of what goals you wish to achieve in what period. Secondly, you should have a clear picture of the marketing funnel. And lastly, you should be aware of what KPIs will take you forward to your goal and vision.
Your product can be priced at a relatively lower cost than your competitors. In that case, the pricing strategy will be essential and a significant factor. But if you are a big name like Microsoft, then pricing doesn’t require much attention. These bigshots usually focus more on quality trade. There are a few common pricing strategies. Let’s take a look at them.
Cost-based strategy solely focuses on product manufacturing cost and add-ons. Again, a Value-Based Strategy is used by brands like Apple, where they price more based on the value they give. Competitive pricing is based on your industry competition and their prices.
Another new trick is price skimming. Here, initially, the price is kept extremely high, after which companies provide discounts and reduce the cost. The audience is highly attracted to such a tactic.
The exact opposite of this process is penetration pricing, where the first price is kept low and then gradually increased. Which strategy will suit you depends on your target group, product, competition, and market analysis.
Usually, huge brands invest more in reputation building. At the same time, small startups invest more in finding new leads and customers. Each marketing channel should have a particular amount allocated for better results. Invest at least 20% of the expected revenue as a marketing budget in kinds of stuff like influencer marketing, content, and social media marketing to increase audience interaction.
Identify all the growth channels that were effective in the past, and also the ones that you want to see in the future. You should align your KPIs with your amount. Check whether anything seasonal affects your business.
Keeping an authentic brand presence is very important. In the last decade, social media marketing has reached its peak. But always remember that content is king. 60% of marketers create at least one content almost every day. Again, engaging an audience on social media can generate plenty of leads. It will eventually become sales.
For a B2C company, nothing can be better than email marketing and automation. Sending cheerful and optimistic emails can help build strong customer relationships. Lastly, social advertising on Facebook and Instagram is one of the best ways. We also have Google Ads and retargeting customer options for effective advertising.
Company Growth Strategies
The first thing you can go for is paid media interaction and campaigns. You should know about the most efficient marketing channels, remarketing techniques, and advertising procedures. Seasonal promotion and sales are also suitable activities.
Producing quality content consistently is also essential. Social media marketing will be ineffective if the postings are inconsistent. It will ultimately help the audience to get hooked on your brand.
Never forget about offline branding while investing time in online strategies. Brochures, handbills, and pamphlets are options that are worth trying. But never forget that whatever method you opt for should align with your company’s motto and goals.
Best Marketing Plan Creating Tools
There are many tools that you can use for market analysis and research. These tools include
Such tools are the best SEO tools to provide engine rankings and more. Basecamp and Slack can be used as tools for collaboration. Again, Canva and Lucidchart are the best options for creating presentations, graphics, and charts.
What Qualities Makes an Excellent Marketing Team?
It would be best if you had an excellent Marketing team who can execute your marketing plan. You should hire people with good leadership and communication skills. Measure and track their work to get the best output. They should have a good performance score and have expertise in their field of work.
Every venture requires a proper marketing plan to create and analyze its goals. It helps you to remain consistent with the brand image you deliver in front of the customers. Also, it improves your focus to become a more prominent brand.
We are here to help you with those. The marketing plan templates we have provided will give you a great idea of what a perfect marketing plan looks like. In addition to that, now you know about all the parts of a marketing plan and their details. Creating a schedule should now no longer be a problem for you.
See-through delicate embroidered organza blue lining luxury acetate-uppercas.