26 Interesting Social Media Marketing Statistics You Need to Know in 2021
Social media marketing is no more an option if you own business. In Fact it is the major source of income for many brands and individuals. If you are still not serious about social media marketing, here are some important statistics you need to see.
Social Media Marketing Statistics: If you have been on social media for a long time then you must know that it is one of the best things that has ever happened to us for sure. However, while platforms of social media are all well and good, there are some problems that come with it as well.
Table of contents
Social Media Marketing Statistics
You cannot simply get used to when it comes to social media for sure. This is because the landscape of this amazing social media tool keeps on changing in the best way. Have you ever been frustrated with Google Algorithm or something like that?
If the answer to that question is a Yes, then you definitely know what we are talking about for sure. Just when you think that you have got the hang of sites like Google and Facebook, the algorithm changes and you are back to square one again. Not to mention that these tend to impact buyer habits and user behavior as well.
It is for that reason that we say that marketers need to be on top of their game for sure. Social media is definitely an integral part of our lives for sure.
Did you know this? Social media is currently very popular with a total count of about 4.2 billion users and about 3.2 billion of them or more are daily active users for sure.
So, this is certainly not a small number and you need to definitely keep it in your mind if you want to have the results in the best way. So, you think you want to use the power of social media at its best? We have got you all covered for sure.
Know All The Statistics That You Can: Why Is It Essential?
Well, social media is definitely getting all the popularity that it deserves. So, you definitely need to be a part of it as well. Now how are you going to do that? We know this is the only question that is running through your mind right now.
You don’t have to worry when we are here to help you out. Yes, we are going to provide you with the knowledge that you need to have for sure. With proper knowledge of social media sites, one can actually use it to their advantage as well.
So, it is important for marketers to know the current situation of social media in the best way. That is exactly what we are going to tell them.
Here we are going to present some statistics that you need to know about when it comes to social media. We are absolutely sure that it is going to help you out in the best way.
So, you need to ensure that you are listening to what we have to say here.
Social Media Statistics You Need To Know
1. As of 2019, there are about 3.18 billion users that are active on the platforms of social media. If you count it then it would actually be 42% of the entire population of the earth and it would be 80% of the entire population of the internet users. So, investing in marketing on social media might just help.
2. About 60% of people don’t have faith in social media. Yes, these people, despite using the sites, don’t really feel comfortable in sharing the personal information that they have on these sites. That is because of the data breaches and other crimes happening in cyberspace.
3. About 90.4% of the millennials are reported to be the users of social media. There is no doubt that it is a pretty large population and that is why we think that social media is very popular amongst the people in the best way for sure.
4. An average person spends about 2 hours and 22 minutes every single day on social media as well as the messaging apps. This is the average time that a person would spend. So, it can be said that a significant amount of time on social media spend by people.
5. When it comes to the researching of the products, people are using the platforms of social media for that. About 54% of the users of social media said that they went online on these social media platforms in order to search and gather information about certain products.
6. About 91% of the different users of social media have got their mobile phones and that is where they access these sites from. The generation is mobile-first and it is important for marketers to know that mobile-friendly tactics would be very helpful here.
7. About 45% of all the consumers tend to say that they would prefer searching for a product on social media if their employee or friend recommended it. This is more than the percentage of people who are ready to search for a product after a celebrity’s post.
8. In case the customers are following a particular brand on the platforms of social media, about 77% of those customers say that they would prefer buying from that particular brand instead of going for something else in the first place.
9. After they have followed any particular brand on social media, more than 78% of the customers have mentioned that they visited the physical store of the brand, in case there is any. If not, then about 87% of the people reported that they visited the application or website of the brand.
10. 50% of the consumers tell us that the reason they follow brands on social media channels is to know about the products and services that they have. About 48% of the people follow to be entertained.
11. About 80% of the brands have a belief that their customer service on social media is pretty well. But just 8% of customers tend to agree.
12. 56% of consumers will unfollow a brand if they deliver poor customer service on social media. So, it is important to provide better customer service in the best way.
13. 51% of consumers will unfollow a brand if the content shared is irrelevant. However, 78% will unfollow if they see too many ads or promotional posts from the brand.
14. 61% of consumers say brands can encourage purchases by creating posts offering discounts or trials on social media. This means that if you are offering some sort of discount to the people, they will be more interested in buying the product from you.
15. 40% can be swayed by seeing how a product or service works. This is definitely one of the most important things that you need to keep in mind for sure. This can be a great help for the people.
16. 90% of brands use social media to increase brand awareness. This means that if you want to make sure that people are able to know more about your brand, this is the best way to do it.
17. About 45% of social media people say that understanding the target audience that they have is one of the biggest challenges for them for sure. So, you need to ensure that you are trying your level best to do that.
18. Stories are growing 15x faster than feed-based sharing. That means when you want to have more engagement from the people, you need to use the power of Stories.
19. Fewer than half of companies doing social media marketing have a documented social media strategy. You need to have it as well if you want to make sure that you get good results.
20. 3rd party tools are used by about 85% of the businesses these days. These tools tend to help them in managing the social media presence that they have online and to maintain awareness.
21. Over 95% of the time, social media ads are viewed on mobile. In case you want to make sure that your ads are performing well, you need to understand the importance of going mobile in the best way.
22. With a total of 2.4 billion user count, Facebook still continues to be the most popular platform of social media. This means the power of Facebook as a social media platform is undefeated.
23. Every single month about 1.4billion people in total participate in some of the Facebook Groups. If you want to have some results, then participate in such groups now.
24. A typical Facebook user that is American clicks on about 8 different Facebook ads every single month on an average. So, you need to understand the power of Facebook ads.
25. At the beginning of 2019, only 0.8% of brands reported using TikTok for marketing. So, you need to use it as well to have some results.
26. An average person has about 7.6 social media accounts in total. So, the power of social media is ever on the increase and you need to keep this in mind.
There you go, social media people. These are some important statistics that you definitely need to know about when it comes to social media. These statistics will give you an idea about the market of social media in the best way.
See-through delicate embroidered organza blue lining luxury acetate-uppercas.