Content marketing is a digital marketing strategy in which companies create honest, transparent, and educational content consistently for an ideal buyer profile. The goal is to use the promotion of content to drive organic, website traffic, increase qualified lead generation, and also empower the sales team to close deals faster.
Is Content Marketing The Right Move For Your Company?
It is important to understand what content marketing is and how you can use it to better communicate with your customers to grow your business. Below there are pointers to guide you on certain aspects of content marketing, like how to get started with content marketing and how it differs from other forms of marketing.
Content marketing grants businesses in every industry. Websites, social media sites, email newsletters and branded digital campaigns are such platforms on which you can generate interest in your products and services.
Every image or content attached to your brand holds value. Content is the mechanism to maximize positive user experience. Content marketing exists to serve prospects and customers the most relevant and memorable experience they can easily find on the web.
Interesting Read: 5 Big Content marketing Trends for 2020
The Pointers Are As Follows
1 – Content Creation
Content creation is how you execute on great ideas and thus bring them to life for your audience. Without content, how can you market? You need to have multidimensional and repurposable assets for great content marketing. This will help you with your new strategic goal. The list of assets are:
- Blog posts
- Video shoots
- Case studies
- White papers
- Social media posts
- Web copy
- Customer testimonials
- Press releases
2- Content Marketing Strategy
New tactical steps can be applied in your campaigns. Each strategy should be benchmarked and updated to ensure the needs of your company. Strategies depend on the goals which are set accordingly:
- More followers and subscribers
- Higher engagement
- Better online reviews
- Qualified leads
This all will consider a budget that you can devote to the content. Here, you need to lastly communicate and put in ideas to make your strategy work out.
3- Social Media Marketing
Social media marketing is a mandatory factor for content marketing. Social Media is communication which helps in selecting channels for companies that works for them. Therefore, marketers are now moving towards social sharing, putting their investments only in platforms where they have found traction on.
This results in higher ROI and consistent experience of social followers. Total reach of your assets and social distribution into content marketing shows how engaging your content is, receiving real-time feedback from online users.
4- Search Engine Optimization
For SEO, some ranking signals are stronger than others. The top three factors which are extremely important while publishing on the web are –
- Direct Web traffic
- Anchor text keywords
- User behavior signals
You cannot do content without SEO. They are inseparable. Each page and its metadata should be optimized to inform search engines. When algorithms are involved, the content is ranked in search engine results pages (SERPs) that serves the users the best content. For content production, the assets must be optimized to provide the best experience on the web for each term.
5- Content Marketing ROI
Every delivery relating to visibility and reporting must be tracked resulting in ROI. It has been seen, that 0.75% of business leads the results in closed revenue but content marketing increases that figure in less time.
The needed results depend on the size and scope of your content marketing investments, which also includes a dedicated team of strategists, creative. Further amazing content marketing is executed for you.
6- Content Marketing Channels
Channel distribution is a must and the activity that happens on other domains results in your content marketing success. There are many channels available for promoting your strategic content marketing. You must consistently adhere to schedule and structure to get your content out there in the world.
- Website – Here, organic and direct web traffic will find all they need to know about your brand.
- Email – Sending your email newsletter publications daily or weekly to your subscribers will keep them informed about your brand. This will open the door for dedicated leads and campaigns.
- Social – Focusing on both follower counts and follower engagements are the keys to optimize your social media presence. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc. and the list goes on.
- Influencers – It is important and great if others speak for you. It is valuable and much better instead of tooting your own horn. You can also have more brand ambassadors, by creating a rapport with prominent industry influencers, so they can share your content through their social feeds. This will reach potentially thousands or millions of new followers.
- Industry Forums – Posting content on respected industry forums like Business Insider or Forbes, adds a level of authority. Niche publications are even better channels to target your core audience on social media.
- User-generated Content – Comments, content, and reviews from online users provide more fresh ideas into your content production schedule. UGC allows your followers to speak on your behalf through contests, giveaways, hashtag campaigns, etc.
- YouTube – 80% of all internet traffic comes from video, so if you reformat your blog posts into informative videos can be a great way to meet the growing demand for visual content. If the publishing is via YouTube you will get engaging audiences.
7- Measurement and Management
Measuring your performance is the only way to improve and learn. All the data can be cycle back into content discussions which result in new ideas and strategies. Managing related workflows, web analytics and easy communications can be done through a content marketing platform
. There are many management software for content cyclings, such as email, social media, and link building. These must be employee along with core business platforms like ERPs and CRMs.
8- Target Audience Development
Most important is to know who your target audience is. Choose the channels which should relate your audience, their online habits. There are types of audiences that perform their duties accordingly like buyers, pivotal-decision makers, online customers.
Many companies build content around such targeted audiences with their goals. Similarly, in this way, no time and effort are wasting for content production.
9- Best Practices for Your Business
Though you are providing various marketing blogs everywhere, there are certain actions, strategies or guidelines which every company can follow.
- Use the best Social media monitoring tools
- Stay along with the content calendars
- Speak with sales and customer service often
- Keep revenue top of mind
- Test according to your investments
Content Marketing can be a battle of trial and error, but you need to know if you have launched a winning campaign until you go through the process. It is also important to have a Resource center, to be regular for upcoming best practices, latest trends and above all quick tips to get the most of your investments.